BIB® has over 20 years of extensive global experience with thousands of positive outcomes.2
BIB® fills the gap between the non-surgical weight loss segment and the weight loss surgery segment, allowing you to do more for your patients who require more than drug therapy and dietary advice. The comprehensive, two-part program takes a holistic approach to weight loss, combining the use of an intragastric balloon with an individually tailored support program to tackle dietary, psychological, and exercise strategies to assist adult patients – with a BMI of 30 to 39 – in losing and maintaining weight.
- Patients can achieve 3.1x the weight loss with BIB®/ORBERA® than with diet & exercise alone1
- US Pivotal Study for the original BIB®/ORBERA® balloon demonstrates an average EWL of 38.4%* at 6 months1
- #1 in global market share for intragastric balloons2
- Established safety profile with over 295,000 placements globally2
- 20+ years experience and over 250 published articles2
- Straight-forward, non-surgical procedure
- Learn healthy habits to help you keep the weight off even after the balloon is removed
BIB®/ORBERA® was commercially launched outside the U.S. in 2004, and is now used to assist patients with weight loss in over 80 countries. More than 295,000 ORBERA® balloons have been distributed worldwide.
Clinical legacy of BIB®
The BIB® balloon was originally designed by a group of international physicians, who identified features of an ideal intragastric balloon effective in producing weight loss:
- Spherical shape with a smooth, soft surface to reduce chance of ulcers
- Filled with sterile saline rather than air to fill the stomach and reinforce portion control
- May be filled to a volume of 400-700cc
- Radiopaque valve to support visualization within the stomach
Since BIB®’s inception, there have been over 250 peer-reviewed BIB® publications around the globe including data on over 8,000 patients. Retrospective and pivotal studies show, time and again, that BIB® is safe and effective, and helps patients lose the weight and also keep the weight off even after the device is removed.
Well tolerated for the majority of patients
Across the treatment period, BIB® was well tolerated for the majority of patients. Common adverse effects include nausea, vomiting, and gastric pain and these typically resolve within one to two weeks after placement.1